A nationally ranked trial lawyer, Scott represents a wide array of Fortune 500 companies in sectors that include pharmaceutical, health care, FinTech, and privacy and data security. Accomplished, practical and knowledgeable, Scott combines a strong business acumen with winning strategies at trial.
Scott’s recent work includes:
- Defense of a global pharmaceutical company against claims for contractual indemnification for $50 million arising from underlying Lanham Act litigation. (2017-pending).
- Investigation and prosecution of a global pharmaceutical company’s potential claims for failure to supply penalties arising from assets divested by a third-party manufacturer. (2018-pending).
- Investigation and defense of a global pharmaceutical company against potential claims arising from $25 million milestone payment due at first commercial sale. (2018-pending).
For an expanded list of Scott’s cases, please review his representative matters.
For 12 consecutive years, Chambers USA has ranked Scott – also previously a BTI Client Service All-star – as a leading litigation attorney in Pennsylvania. According to Chambers, clients say Scott is:
- “very savvy, succinct and a strategist. He thinks issues through and instills confidence.”
- "thoughtful, dogged and very smart."
- "an indefatigable attorney – when it came to the crunch, he dug in and did what was needed."
- "one of those guys who understands that it's about moving your business forward. He is pragmatic and focuses on business resolution."
- "he emphasizes the importance of early assessment and constant assessment of the merits and weaknesses of a case. He's top-notch."
Over the past decade, Scott has developed a particular fluency in the rapidly evolving field of privacy and data security. He routinely counsels multinational and mid-sized businesses on how to mitigate risk and overcome the challenges posed by the current state and federal enforcement environment. For several years, Scott has contributed to the “Combating Cyberthreats” section of West/Thompson Reuters’ Data Security and Privacy Law guide.
A recognized authority on privacy and data security, Scott provides commentary to news outlets ranging from The Economist, The Wall Street Journal and The New York Times to Forbes, The Huffington Post and Compliance Week. Scott’s commentary has also appeared on The O’Reilly Factor, The Willis Report, Marketplace, Studio B with Shepard Smith and local ABC affiliates.
Scott’s broad litigation practice encompasses:
- Licensing and technology transfer agreements
- Intellectual property, trade secrets, employee mobility and unfair competition
- Software and hardware technology service agreements
- Merchant processing and electronic payments
- Mergers, acquisitions and corporate changes-of-control
- Government contracting and procurement
- Commercial lending, FCRA, FDCPA and TILA
Scott is a former member of the firm’s Executive Committee and is a former Office Managing Partner of the Philadelphia office, the largest of the firm’s 27 offices.
Sensitive data. Gone. Stolen by faceless thieves who breached the company’s seemingly secure network. But combating potential catastrophe and navigating proper response protocol has never been easier, thanks to an iPhone app launched by Fox. Scott was instrumental in the creation of the app, which promises a guide to swift damage control at the fingertips.
The app is currently available for free in the iTunes Store. To download it, click here.
Honors & Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell "AV" rated
- Named as one of the leading litigation attorneys in Pennsylvania by Chambers USA (2007 through 2019)
- Selected to the 2009 BTI Client Services All-Star Team for Law Firms. One of only 176 attorneys nationwide selected for this elite list of lawyers “delivering the absolute best client service” to Fortune 1000 clients.