Sean is an experienced corporate attorney who centers his practice on advising cannabis operators, professional sports franchises, software companies and a variety of emerging and multinational businesses on corporate transactions and agreements.
He also advises investors and industry participants on mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, and general corporate agreements.
Sean's experience includes:
- Represented Trulieve Cannabis Corp. in completing two related transactions that together established an integrated presence for the company in Pennsylvania. In the deals, Trulieve acquired PurePenn LLC and Pioneer Leasing & Consulting LLC, a licensed cultivator and producer of medical marijuana, for an upfront payment of $46 million, plus a potential earn-out payment of up to $60 million; and Keystone Relief Centers LLC, d/b/a Solevo Wellness for an upfront purchase price of $20 million, plus a potential earn-out payment of $15 million.
- Represented Green Growth Brands Inc. in the $54 million acquisition of all outstanding and issued shares of capital stock of Spring Oaks Greenhouses Inc., the holder of a license to operate as a medical marijuana treatment center in Florida. The license allows the holder to cultivate, process and dispense medical marijuana and medical marijuana products, to open up to 35 dispensaries and to make deliveries throughout the state. The acquisition enabled Green Growth Brands’ entry into one of the nation’s most lucrative cannabis markets.
- Representation of multi-state cannabis operators in transactional matters throughout the country, including the acquisitions of cannabis licensees in multiple jurisdictions, including Florida, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Massachusetts, California, Michigan and Arizona.
- Assisting clients in the sale of a professional sports franchises across multiple sports.
- Represented client in a multi-bidder sale process concluding in the sale of an iconic multimedia publishing company.
- Assisted in the representation of a multinational corporation in connection with an international joint venture transaction, expanding client’s business in nine countries throughout Central America and the Caribbean.
- Representation of professional sports franchises and sports and entertainment facilities in sponsorship and advertising agreements, including multiple naming rights agreements.
- Assisted client in connection with the sale of a learning management solutions software company.
- Represented one of the largest nurseries of house and garden plants in the United States in the restructuring and sale of a majority interest.
- Representation of cannabis analytical testing laboratory business in cross-border multi-round private equity financing.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Sean was a partner in the Corporate Department of an Am Law 100 firm.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Sean speaks on cannabis law-related topics at industry-sponsored events and seminars.
Honors & Awards
- Recognized as an Up & Comer in Florida Trend’s Legal Elite (2008)