The Top 10 Newest Developments Affecting Sexual Harassment, Wrongful Termination Claims, Tax Liability, Settlements, and Confidentiality Clauses
New York City, NY
- Revisiting the scope of potential risks and exposure, including:
- Handling wrongful termination coupled with defamation claims
- Managing third-party or non-employer claims triggering EPL coverage
- Practical impact of the EEOC’s updated “Proposed Enforcement Guidance on Unlawful Harassment” in the wake of #metoo
- Which practices are now recommended to effectively prevent and address harassment
- What is now “the standard” in terms of harassment training and corporate governance initiatives
- Where companies have gone right and wrong in responding to sexual harassment claims upon being reported to human resources
- When to outsource to a public relations or law firm
- When confidentiality agreements are protected or can later be “opened”
- Common misconceptions about tax liability on settlement values, and tax implications of confidential settlements
*New York and California Continuing Legal Education Credits available.
*Please note there is a cost to attend.