Stephan represents plaintiffs and defendants in state and federal courts throughout the country.
Stephan is a business litigator. He handles complex commercial cases for clients ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to individuals on a variety of claims, including:
- Antitrust and unfair competition;
- Trademark and copyright infringement;
- Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO);
- Insurance coverage and bad faith;
- Consumer class actions;
- Adversary bankruptcy proceedings; and
- Business torts.
- Served on a litigation team that secured summary judgment of antitrust and Lanham Act counterclaims totaling $250 million for the premier global payment processing company.
- Represented a national university in a high-profile whistleblower and wrongful discharge litigation.
- Serves on a trial team litigating a nationwide constellation of complex and putative class antitrust and RICO actions brought by auto body repair shops against the country's largest auto insurers, In re Auto Body Antitrust Litigation, MDL No. 2557 (M.D. Fla.).
- Is part of a team retained after trial to prepare post-trial motions and the appeal of a $42 million adverse jury verdict.
Before Fox Rothschild
Stephan is a native of Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, and a graduate of the Stroudsburg public schools. He was previously a commercial litigation associate for a large Philadelphia-based law firm and a law clerk to the Honorable Arthur L. Zulick.
While at Wake Forest University School of Law, Stephan served on the Moot Court Board, worked for the Wake Forest Law Review and was a research assistant to Alan Palmiter, professor of corporate law and securities regulation. Under North Carolina's third-year practice rule, Stephan briefed constitutional issues in the federal criminal case arising from the kidnapping and murder of the University of North Carolina's student body president, defended one of the nation's leading commercial banks in a securities fraud action and tried more than 50 criminal cases to the bench.
Stephan received his bachelor's degree magna cum laude from Villanova University, where he was a member of the varsity track team and was elected to Phi Beta Kappa.
Honors & Awards
- Named to the "Pennsylvania Rising Stars" list for Business Litigation by Super Lawyers (2019-2020)