Stephanie is seasoned trial lawyer and a member of the Construction Law practice group. She has more than 20 years of litigation experience in state and federal courts throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey. She also has significant experience mediating and settling multi-party construction claims prior to litigation.
Routinely named as a Super Lawyer in Construction, Stephanie was recognized in 2015 for obtaining one of the top Pennsylvania verdicts. In 2011, she was named a “Lawyer on the Fast Track” by The Legal Intelligencer, and was one of only 27 lawyers in Pennsylvania to be recognized not only as an outstanding young lawyer, but as an exemplary member of her community and profession.
Construction Litigation Results
Stephanie's track record of success in construction matters includes:
- A $5.5 million verdict in favor of an owner against an architect on a breach of contract and professional negligence claim.
- A verdict in favor of an owner on a breach of construction contract claim.
- A verdict in favor of an installer accused of causing delays on a construction project.
- An arbitration award in favor of homeowners on a breach of construction contract claim.
- A settlement reached for a home builder after cross-examination of the homeowner’s first witness on a claim for breach of a construction contract and alleged violations of Pennsylvania’s Unfair Trade Practices and Consumer Protection Law.
- A settlement reached after cross-examination of defendant during a jury trial on a claim for breach of a construction agreement and for violations of the New Jersey Construction Lien Law.
Commercial Litigation Results
Stephanie's successful results in commercial litigation include:
- A jury verdict in favor of a corporation and its officers on claims for breach of contract and violations of Pennsylvania’s Wage Payment and Collection Law.
- A verdict in favor of a corporation and its officer accused of failing to pay commissions.
- A verdict, plus attorneys’ fees and punitive damages, in favor of a corporation on a breach of lease claim.
- Summary judgment on the issues of coverage and indemnification for an insured facing a multimillion-dollar lender liability claim.
Before Fox Rothschild
Stephanie was previously associated with a regional firm in New Jersey where she represented both debtors and creditors in all aspects of bankruptcy proceedings. She also represented numerous contractors and subcontractors in construction-related matters. Stephanie served as a Trustee of the Gloucester County Bar Association in New Jersey.
In 1999, Stephanie completed the American Inns of Court, Bankruptcy Inn of Court.
While in law school, Stephanie was a legal intern for the Honorable Joseph E. Irenas, U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, as well as for the Pennsylvania Attorney General-Bureau of Consumer Protection. She also served as Comments Editor for the Dickinson Law Review and was a member of the National Trial Competition Team.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Stephanie is Vice Chair of the Villa Maria Academy Advisory Board and Chair of the Facilities Committee. She is also Chair of the Eastern PA Leadership Board for the Arthritis Foundation. Stephanie regularly volunteers at St. Elizabeth Parish, Chester Springs, PA and at Owen J. Roberts School District. Stephanie is also an active member of the Chester County Bar Association where she serves as the Chair of the Membership Committee.
From July 2010 through June 2013, Stephanie served on the Pennsylvania State University’s Board of Trustees. She was the first graduate of the Dickinson School of Law to be elected by the alumni to serve of the Board. In January 2013, the Board elected Stephanie as its Vice Chair. While a trustee, Stephanie also served as Vice Chair of the Committee on Audit and Risk and as a member of the Committee on Outreach, Development and Community Relations and the Committee on Legal and Compliance and the Committee on Academic Affairs and Student Life. Stephanie also was selected to serve on the "Blue and White Vision Council." Stephanie is also a member of West Chester Women’s Multi-Sport Club.
Honors & Awards
- Selected to the "Super Lawyers" list for Construction Litigation in Pennsylvania (2014-2019)*
- Named to the "Lawyers on the Fast Track" list by The Legal Intelligencer (2011)*
- Recipient of the 2013 Service Award from the Chester County Bar Association
- Recipient of the William J. Harvey III Malawi Memorial Mission Portrait of Excellence Award
- Recipient of the 2010 President’s Award from the Chester County Bar Association
- Recipient of the Pro Bono Roll of Honor award from the First Judicial District of Pennsylvania