Named as one of the leading labor and employment attorneys in New Jersey by Chambers USA, Steve has been actively engaged in the practice of labor relations law on behalf of management throughout his professional life. Steve has extensive experience in representing management in union negotiations and arbitrations, in matters before the National Labor Relations Board and state and federal discrimination agencies and in formulating strategies regarding plant relocation, consolidations, mergers and acquisitions. He has represented numerous manufacturing and distribution companies, as well as numerous hospitals, nursing homes and not-for-profit organizations.
Steve serves as labor counsel to Princeton University and has assisted higher education institutions with a range of labor negotiations, grievances and arbitrations. He has lectured at the Cornell University School of Industrial & Labor Relations, and spoken before many industry and trade groups.
Honors & Awards
- Selected to the "Most Powerful Employment Attorneys" list by Law Dragon via Human Resources Executive (2009-2011, 2013-2015, 2017)*
- Selected to the "Employment Lawyers Hall of Fame" list by Law Dragonvia Human Resources Executive (2014, 2015)*
- Recognized by Chambers USA for Labor & Employment - New Jersey (2008-2020)*
- Selected to the "Super Lawyers - Corporate Counsel" list for Employment & Labor Law in New Jersey (2009, 2010)*
- Martindale-Hubbell "AV" rated*
- Named to "The Best Lawyers in America" list for Labor & Employment Law in New Jersey by Best Lawyers*
- Selected to the "Super Lawyers - Business Edition" for Employment & Labor Law in New Jersey (2013)*
- Selected to the "Super Lawyers" list for Employment & Labor Law in New Jersey (2006-2020)*
- Named to the "Who's Who Legal" list*
- Judge William B. Groat Award (Cornell University, School of Industrial & Labor Relations)