Steve has a transactional practice representing business clients in commercial real estate acquisitions, development, leasing and dispositions, corporate and real estate finance transactions, joint ventures and entity formation, business mergers, acquisitions and dispositions and other general business matters.
His leasing experience includes representation of landlords, tenants and lenders in office, retail and industrial leasing transactions, including experience in ground lease transactions and medical office developments. He also represents financial institutions in corporate, asset-based and real estate financing transactions, workout matters, and secured transactions under the Uniform Commercial Code involving a broad range of collateral.
Before Fox Rothschild
Steve was a Partner and Co-Leader of the Banking & Financial Services Group at Smith Moore Leatherwood LLP, which combined with Fox Rothschild in 2018.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Steve is a 2003 graduate of the Leadership Greensboro program of the Greensboro Chamber of Commerce.
Honors & Awards
- Named to "The Best Lawyers in America" list for Corporate Law (2012-2020) and Real Estate Law (2010-2020) in North Carolina by Best Lawyers
- Business North Carolina's Legal Elite, Real Estate (2018)
- Recognized by Chambers and Partners, USA, as one of North Carolina Leaders, Real Estate, 2010-2012
- Martindale-Hubbell's top ("AV") Peer Review Rating*
- Triad Business Journal's 40 Leaders Under Forty (2005), awarded to the Triad's outstanding young business and community leaders
* CV, BV and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedure's standards and policies.