For more than three decades, Steven has represented the full range of parties in complex bankruptcy and reorganization cases and related litigation.
His clients span a range of government entities and industries, including construction and contracting, electronics, food processing, health care, automotive, general manufacturing, publishing, real estate, retailing, telecommunications, transportation and trucking.
Steven has represented:
- Officers and directors in breach of fiduciary duty litigation brought by Bank of America against James Knight et al.
- Official Creditors’ Committee of Outboard Marine Corp., involving more than $1.5 billion of debt; and currently represents the Chapter 7 trustee of the estate
- Debtor’s counsel to Allied Products Corp. in its Chapter 11 proceedings involving more than $100 million
- Debtor and debtor-in-possession representation of Florsheim Group, Inc. in its Chapter 11 reorganization proceedings
- Capital Factors, Inc. in its successful appeal of an order authorizing payments to critical vendors in the Kmart Chapter 11 case
- Co-counsel to the Official Creditors Committee of Kimball Hill, Inc., one of the nation's largest homebuilders
Before Fox Rothschild
Steven was a member of Shaw Fishman Glantz & Towbin LLC, which merged with Fox Rothschild in 2018.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Recognized by his peers for leadership in the profession, Steven was named as a Fellow of both the American College of Bankruptcy and the Litigation Counsel of America.
Honors & Awards
- Named a "Leading Lawyer" in Illinois for Bankruptcy/Restructuring by Chambers USA
- Named among the Best Lawyers in America for Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law and Bankruptcy Litigation (2019)
- Martindale Hubbell, AV Rating
- Named to the list of Super Lawyers for Bankruptcy (2005-2019)
- Named an "Illinois Leading Lawyer" by the Law Bulletin Publishing Company (2018)