Steven helps businesses and individuals tackle complex legal problems. He is a solution-oriented, seasoned litigator, having handled numerous business, regulatory, product liability and personal injury cases over his more than 15 years of practicing law. Steven has been listed as a Rising Star by Georgia Super Lawyers for business and product liability litigation.
In addition, he has experience in formulating legal and business strategies for a wide variety of clients that look to him as their outside general counsel.
Steven’s transactional experience includes the buying and selling of businesses and assets as well as real estate transactions and the appropriate structuring and formation of a variety of business entities.
As the founder, owner and operator of a real estate development firm and with experience as a financial and management consultant, Steven brings a rich and varied skill set to his law practice. As a result, he has developed a strong understanding of what clients truly need concerning efficiency, value and effective counsel.
- Represented a variety of businesses in disputes concerning their business activities, including asserting and defending claims for breach of contract, fraud, misrepresentation, tortious interference with business relations, noncompetition agreements and other restrictive covenants and collections matters, among other claims
- Represented defendant product manufacturer in product liability case claiming $162 million in damages
- Represented an international medical technology company in a dispute over its intellectual property rights to its medical device/invention
- Represented several national retailers in a variety of personal injury matters, toxic tort litigation and intellectual property litigation
- Represented health care providers in business disputes, Certificate of Need matters and regulatory matters concerning physician and clinic licensing
- Represented general contractors and subcontractors in business and construction-related disputes and deals
- Represented several Atlanta-owned technology companies in selling, licensing and otherwise capitalizing on their intellectual property
- Represented a variety of individuals and businesses in governmental and internal corporate investigations
Before Fox Rothschild
Steven was a partner at Smith Moore Leatherwood LLP, which combined with Fox Rothschild in 2018.
Honors & Awards
- Named to Georgia Super Lawyers, Rising Stars Edition, Listed Business Litigation (2011, 2012), Personal Injury Defense: Products (2013)
- Georgia Bar Association, Leadership Academy - Younger Lawyers Division, Class of 2010
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, Award of Merit
- University of Georgia School of Law, Orientation on Professionalism, Group Leader, 2009-2011