Steven counsels clients in complex commercial litigation matters in state and federal courts from inception through trial. Steven has experience in a diverse range of business disputes, including:
- Commercial contract breaches
- Shareholder disputes
- Unfair trade practices
- Trade libel/defamation
- Consumer fraud
- Commercial lease disputes
- Enforcement of restrictive covenants
- Professional liability
- Obtained summary judgment for a Fortune 500 pharmaceutical company in the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey resulting in the dismissal of all claims, including a theft of ideas claim under which the plaintiff was seeking more than $1 million.
- Represented a public research university in a multi-party litigation in the Superior Court of New Jersey, which included defeating motions to dismiss filed by multiple co-defendants to preserve valuable cross-claims.
- Successfully defended a national steel framing manufacturing company in a two-month jury trial in the Ohio Court of Common Pleas.
- Negotiated a favorable settlement on behalf of an automotive parts distributor in a contract dispute against a defaulting corporate client.
Before Fox Rothschild
Steven was a summer associate at Fox Rothschild. He also served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Rosemary Gambardella of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of New Jersey and for the Honorable Peter Doyne of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Bergen County.
During law school, Steven served as an Articles Editor on the Rutgers Law Review. He also served as a teaching assistant for Professor Amy Bitterman, where he conducted weekly seminars for first-year law students and prepared assignments on various legal topics.
While in college, Steven interned for the Passaic County Prosecutor’s office.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Steven serves on the Board of Advisors for the Metro Area Creative Business Exchange. Steven served on the Board of Directors of CONTACT of Mercer County, a nonprofit volunteer organization dedicated to preventing suicide through active listening and community outreach.