Steve focuses his practice in commercial finance and represents creditors in all aspects of asset-based financing, workouts and commercial bankruptcy, including secured and unsecured lenders, equipment lessors, purchasers of bankruptcy estate assets and intellectual property licensors. He regularly advises asset-based lenders in loans to distributors and technology, receivables finance, trucking and multistate manufacturing companies. He also counsels clients in a variety of distressed commercial real estate matters, including bankruptcy and foreclosure proceedings involving hotels, residential and commercial development projects and retail malls.
- Represent commercial real estate lenders in construction and conventional loans across the Midwest, including in the Bakken Oil Formation of Western North Dakota.
- Represented the principal secured lender in the successful sale of a distressed ethanol plant in a Wisconsin Chapter 128 receivership proceeding.
- Represent one of the country’s leading technology licensing companies nationally with respect to bankruptcy matters, including in the Eastman Kodak bankruptcy.
- Serve as Minnesota counsel to one of the largest special servicers of defaulted commercial real estate loans.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Steve was a partner at Oppenheimer Wolff & Donnelly LLP.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Steve provides pro bono services to the Volunteer Lawyers Association.
Honors & Awards
- Named a “Minnesota Super Lawyer” by Super Lawyers Magazine (2003-2019)