Susanne is an experienced litigator and trial attorney who handles complex commercial litigation matters in both state and federal court, as well as in arbitrations and appeals.
She helps her clients with issues surrounding contracts, business ownership disputes, lease agreements, employment agreements, testamentary documents (wills/trusts), banking transactions, life insurance policies, real estate transactions and issues particular to foreign defendants.
General Business Litigation
- Secured dismissal of multimillion-dollar trade secrets litigation for Uruguayan bankers.
- Defeated bidding challenge to multi-million dollar luggage wrapping contract at Miami International Airport for international joint venture by obtaining summary judgment.
- Obtained summary judgment for national temporary staffing company, defeating six-figure claims and potential class action for alleged wage and hour violations under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Represented national bank at trial, obtaining judgment in its favor on issues of fraud, unfair practices and improper residential foreclosure and helping the client to successfully avoid potential liability of more than a half million dollars.
- Represented medical treatment center in government fraud investigation.
- Represented commercial landlord in lease dispute.
- Represented beneficiaries in dispute over distributions under a will and trust.
- Enforced a small business’s trademark and copyright claims.
- Represented real estate developer in contractual dispute.
- Represented law firms and other lawyers in legal malpractice actions.
- Assisted various employers in enforcing terms of noncompete and nonsolicitation agreements against former employees.
Partner Disputes/Business Divorces
- Represented executives and business owners in company ownership disputes.
- Prevented appointment of a company receiver in two matters on behalf of clients in ownership disputes after emergency evidentiary hearings.
Out of State Companies/Individuals Sued in Florida
- Argued as lead counsel at oral argument before the Florida Third District Court of Appeal, securing dismissal of a multimillion-dollar defamation case against a Venezuelan executive based on lack of personal jurisdiction.
- Secured dismissal of multimillion-dollar trade secrets litigation based on forum non conveniens arguments.
- Secured voluntary dismissal of app video game designer from a violation of the right of publicity and misappropriation case based on lack of personal jurisdiction and failure of service of process in federal court.
- Secured dismissal or favorable settlement of various cases based on lack of personal jurisdiction for foreign defendants.
- Obtained emergency temporary injunction on behalf of national life insurance company to preserve a policy benefit.
- Obtained protective order preserving the files of a life insurance agent, which protected clients from further litigation exposure and costs.
- Defeated petition for permanent injunction for protection against domestic violence.
- Defeated petition for permanent injunction for protection against stalking.
- Obtained permanent injunction for the protection from domestic.
- Argued as lead counsel at oral argument before The Florida Third District Court of Appeal and prevailed in a case regarding issues of personal jurisdiction and waiver.
- Won appeal to the Florida Fourth District Court of Appeal regarding a dispute over payments from a life insurance benefit.
- Drafted appellate briefs in various U.S. Courts of Appeal.
- Drafted appellate briefs for real estate developer in breach of note case.
- Drafted appellate briefs for dairy retail chain regarding successor liability claim for insurance premiums.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Susanne is a member of the Executive Committee of the Women’s Chamber of Commerce of Miami-Dade County, serving in the office of Secretary. In that role, she sponsors various educational and networking events for professional women. She also serves as a member of the Miami Pro Bono Roundtable.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining the firm, Susanne worked as an associate at a national Am Law 100 firm in Washington, DC and at a well-respected regional firm in Miami, FL.
Susanne is a former legal clerk for the U.S. Department of Justice in both the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Civil Division and the Child Exploitation and Obscenity Section. She was also a legal unit intern for the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission in San Diego, CA. Susanne served as a legislative intern for U.S. Sen. Charles Schumer’s Office in Washington, DC.
While in college, Susanne studied abroad at Oxford University, was a Division 1 track and field athlete and was a member of Alpha Sigma Nu, the honor society of Jesuit colleges and universities and Sigma Tau Delta, the English Honor Society.