Tamar is a business-oriented attorney with extensive experience throughout the lifecycle of a technology company, replacing or supplementing typical in-house counsel. She advises emerging and technology companies on formation, financing, corporate governance and public offerings as well as technology transactions and privacy and data security.
Pragmatic and creative, she is adept at providing clients with strategic advice in clear, understandable terms.
Tamar has a broad transactional skill set that includes:
- mergers and acquisitions
- financing transactions
- public offerings
- terms of service agreements
- equity compensation
- employment and contractor agreements
She advises clients on data breach response, security policies and HIPAA compliance, among other data security issues.
Before Fox Rothschild
Before joining Fox Rothschild, Tamar was an associate in the New York office of an international law firm, where she began as a summer associate. She was previously an associate with the ACLU of Northern California, focusing on technology and civil liberties policy.
During law school, Tamar was an editor for the Berkeley Technology Law Journal and a research assistant to Professor Peter Menell. She was also a fellow at the Berkeley Center for Law and Technology.
Prior to her legal career, Tamar worked in compliance at J.P. Morgan Chase.
- Represented a point of sale and payment processing company on its $25 million Series C financing transaction, $60 million Series D financing transaction and its acquisition of a payment processing company, as well as providing general advice on day-to-day operations
- Represented a leading robotic process automation software company on its $50 Series E financing transaction
- Represented a rich media ad creation, ad serving and analytics company on Series Seed, A and B financing transactions
- Represented a venture capital firm, in multiple rounds of venture investment in companies such as a nutritional biopharmaceuticals company and an electronic medical record and management software company
- Represented a plus-size fashion brand and e-commerce retailer in its $15 million Series B financing transaction
- Represented a customer data and retail technology company on all financing transactions and its exit, including a $3 million Series Seed financing transaction, a $10 million Series A financing transaction, and its later acquisition by a retail analytics company
- Represented a health care-focused private equity firm in its growth equity investment to acquire a majority interest in a digital marketing company specializing in Medicare and health insurance sales and distribution
- Represented a venture capital firm participating in a $165 million minority investment in an online retailer of home products
- Represented a learning data management and analytics Platform as a Service company in its sale of a controlling interest to an investment company concentrating on education technology businesses
- Represented an employee benefits enrollment technology company in its sale to a health care management platform company
- Represented a health care biotechnology company in its private placement and contemporaneous acquisition of a biopharmaceutical company and acquisition of certain assets of a second biopharmaceutical company
- Represented a mobile data and marketing company in its sale to an ad targeting company
- Represented a multifactor authentication company in its sale to a fraud prevention and risk management company
- Represented a spectroscopy and data science company in its merger with an infrared laser and nanotechnology company
- Represented a Canadian cloud-based software company serving the senior care industry, in the filing of its registration statement and subsequent amendments for an initial public offering
- Represented BioAmber, a sustainable bio-chemicals company, in its $80 million initial public offering of units comprised of one common share and one warrant to purchase one half of a common share
- Represented a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company in its confidential submission of a registration statement for a planned initial public offering
- Represented the representative of a group of underwriters in a $60 million follow-on offering of a mobile advertising technology company