Co-Chair of the firm’s medical technology practice, Tom is a veteran medtech counselor and transaction attorney who has represented early stage and middle market public companies in dozens of financing, acquisition and sale transactions for more than 20 years. He assists medtech companies with formation, capital raising, technology acquisition and licensing, as well as mergers and acquisitions and related matters.
Tom also advises boards of directors on fiduciary duties in connection with financing and sale transactions.
- Represented American Medical Systems, Inc. in a variety of financing and acquisition transactions.
- Represented Amphora Medical, Inc. in multiple rounds of venture financing.
- Represented Anulex Technologies, Inc. in multiple rounds of venture financing and sale of assets.
- Represented Barologics, Inc. in Series A financing.
- Represented Caisson Interventional in sale to LivaNova.
- Represented Cardialen, Inc. in recapitalization and Series B financing.
- Represented CardioInsight Technologies, Inc. in a strategic investment and subsequent sale to Medtronic.
- Represented Gravie, Inc. in multiple rounds of venture financing.
- Represented Hemosphere, Inc. in multiple rounds of venture financing and sale to CryoLife, Inc.
- Represented Mardil, Inc. in multiple rounds of equity and convertible not financing.
- Represented MicroOptx, Inc. in multiple rounds of angel and institutional of financing.
- Represented Monteris Medical Corporation in recapitalization and venture financing round.
- Represented Nuvaira, Inc. in multiple rounds of venture financing.
- Represented Lutonix, Inc. in sale to Bard.
- Represented Pursuit Vascular, Inc. in multiple rounds of angel and institutional of financing.
- Represented Spineology in multiple rounds of equity and debt financing.
- Represented Tryton Medical, Inc. in recapitalization and multiple rounds of venture financing.
- Represented UroCure, LLC in Series A angel financing.
- Represented Vios, Inc. in multiple rounds of angle financing and sale to Murata.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Tom was a partner at Oppenheimer Wolff & Donnelly LLP.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Tom is vice chair of the Board of Directors of the Catholic Community Foundation of Minnesota and chair of the Executive Committee. He is also a member of the Board of Directors of The Shooting Star Foundation.
Honors & Awards
- Named to "The Best Lawyers in America" list for Corporate Law in Minnesota (2016, 2018, 2019)
- Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers for Minneapolis Corporate Law (2015-2016)
- Named as one of the leading Corporate/M&A attorneys in Minnesota by Chambers USA (2016-2017)
- Named a “Super Lawyer” by Super Lawyers Magazine