As General Counsel for the firm, Tom's responsibilities include:
- development and implementation of risk management programs and policies
- management of professional liability and insurance issues
- performance of ombudsman duties on behalf of the firm
- presentation of seminars to the attorneys and staff throughout the year on ethics-related topics and best practice concepts
- counseling to the Executive Committee on policies and procedures
- providing Risk Management assistance to the firm’s 27 offices
Prior to his appointment as General Counsel, Tom served as Chair of the Professional Liability Defense Group. His practice involved a broad range of litigation matters, including:
- legal malpractice defense
- personal injury
- medical malpractice
- commercial litigation
Before Fox Rothschild
In law school, Tom was President of the Student Bar Association and representative to the Law Student Division of the American Bar Association. Elected to speak on behalf of his law school class at graduation, he received the Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association Trial Advocacy Award and the Captain Robert Miller Knox Award for outstanding contributions to the law school community. Prior to law school, Tom was an international student advisor for ELS Language Centers in Charlotte, NC, and an English teacher in Bogotá, Colombia.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Tom was the Chair of the UNC Charlotte Alumni Association for the Philadelphia area, as well as Board President of the Temple University Law Alumni Association. Tom was also a President of the Medford Lakes Lions Club, and he has served on the Medford Lakes Planning Board and the Medford Lakes Colony Board of Directors. Currently, Tom serves on the Visitation BVM School Board of Limited Jurisdiction.
Honors & Awards
• Rated AV Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell®. Its rating methodology can be found at www.martindale.com/ratings-and-reviews/consumers. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
• Temple University Alumni Certificate of Honor