Tom represents clients in a wide range of corporate matters, including debt and equity financings, mergers & acquisitions, corporate governance and contract negotiations, with a particular focus on advising companies and investment funds in venture capital transactions. Tom has extensive experience working with all types of companies at all stages of development.
Select Representative Matters
- Represented various companies in numerous $2-10 million early stage (i.e., Series Seed and Series A) venture capital financings.
- Represented a medical device company in its $8 million Series B venture capital financing that included a conversion of the company from a Minnesota corporation into a Delaware corporation.
- Represented a medical device company in its $35 million Series B venture capital financing.
- Represented an investment fund in a $28 million Series C venture capital financing.
- Represented a biotechnology company in its $47 million Series C venture capital financing and its follow-on $20 million Series C-1 extension.
- Represented a medical device company in its $75 million Series E venture capital financing.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented a venture-backed pharmaceutical company in a merger transaction in which a global pharmaceutical company provided $2 million in venture financing and secured an exclusive option to acquire the venture-backed pharmaceutical company for up to $48 million plus additional milestone payments.
- Represented a medical device company in its $70 million strategic acquisition by a global medical company.
- Represented a medical device company in its $72 million acquisition by a European medical device manufacturing company.
- Represented a medical device company in its $102 million acquisition by a Japanese company.
- Represented a venture-backed medical device company in its acquisition by a global medical technology company for $50 million in cash and subsequent earn-out payments.
Securities and Capital Markets
- Represented a biopharmaceutical company in its $16 million underwritten public offering.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Tom was an attorney at a Wisconsin-based law firm.
During law school, Tom worked in the University of Minnesota Law School’s Housing Clinic and Ronald M. Mankoff Tax Clinic, first as a student attorney and the following year as a director. Tom was also a judicial extern to the Honorable Gina M. Brandt of the Hennepin County District Court.