Tim serves as co-chair of the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions Group. He has more than 30 years of experience advising large publicly held and private companies in domestic and international acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures. He has handled the sale and acquisition of numerous companies through auction and privately negotiated processes.
Tim also represents clients and their governing bodies in securities and corporate governance matters. He is a former general counsel for Wayzata Investment Partners LLC and applies this insider’s perspective to the practical legal counsel he provides to institutional clients such as Ecolab Inc., The Toro Company, Honeywell International Inc., and Imation Corp, which he regularly represents in M&A transactions.
- Served as lead outside counsel for The Toro Company in its $227 million acquisition of the BOSS professional snow and ice management business.
- Represented IMI plc, a London Stock Exchange company, in the $1.1 billion sale of its beverage dispense and merchandising divisions to The Marmon Group, a Berkshire Hathaway company.
- Represented Ecolab Inc. in its European joint venture with Henkel KgaA and acquisition of Henkel’s industrial and institutional business throughout 36 countries outside of Europe.
- Represented Ecolab Inc. in its buy-out of Henkel KGaA’s interest in a joint venture.
- Represented Imation in the sale of its Memorex and XtremeMac consumer electronics businesses.
- Represented Capital Safety in the acquisition of its Canadian training business.
Before Fox Rothschild
Before joining Fox Rothschild, Tim was a partner at Oppenheimer Wolff & Donnelly LLP. He previously served as general counsel of Wayzata Investment Partners LLC.
Honors & Awards
- Named as one of the leading Corporate/M&A attorneys in Minnesota by Chambers USA
- Named to "The Best Lawyers in America” list for M&A and Corporate Law in Minnesota by Best Lawyers (2018-2020)
- Named an “Attorney of the Year” by Minnesota Lawyer (2007)
- Named a “Super Lawyer” by Super Lawyers Magazine