Defended title underwriters against
- claims resulting from alleged foreclosure rescue scams
- bad faith claims asserted by insureds
- claims involving shortages of acreage included in transactions
Defended insureds’ titles against
- reversion claims asserted by third parties due to an alleged breach of condition in a deed
- claims that a grantor lacked capacity to transfer property
- in RESPA investigations
- in connection with controlled business arrangements
- involving defective deeds in a chain of title in which the owner was deceased at the time of execution of the deed
- involving defective title due to forgeries in the chain of title
- tax claims asserted by the City of Philadelphia
Coordinated litigation necessary in title agent defalcations
- injunction and seizure orders
- recoupment proceedings
- fraudulent conveyance actions
- prosecutions of bond claims
- in boundary line disputes
- in easement disputes
- in lien priority disputes.
Secured mandamus orders
- on behalf of the Pennsylvania Land Title Association against recorders of deeds requiring immediate recordation of deeds and compliance with other statutory recording requirements.
- on behalf of the Pennsylvania Land Title Association against a sheriff’s office regarding the distribution of monies from sheriff’s sales.
- Secured recovery of funds diverted from title agent bank account based on fraudulent e-mail directive.
- Prosecuted and defended claims involving wrongful failure to satisfy line of credit mortgages.
- Prosecuted successful claims against agents and their errors and omissions carriers under agency agreements and under negligence principles.