Protecting a company's trade secrets from theft by competitors or departing employees often requires quick action to secure emergency injunctive relief in the courts.
Businesses trust the experienced team of litigators at Fox Rothschild for guidance in designing policies and safety mechanisms that reduce the risk of theft while also planning for the possibility of a breach.
Our multidisciplinary group draws on the experience of attorneys in our Labor & Employment Department who routinely prosecute and defend against claims of unfair competition and trade secret misappropriation.
Together with members of the firm’s Securities Industry Practice, we created a National Survey on Restrictive Covenants, a quick state-by-state reference guide on the rules and regulations regarding noncompete and nonsolicitation agreements as well as non-hire/raiding and other confidential information belonging to employers.
- Defended a Fortune 100 company and its employees in one of the first cases litigated under the Pennsylvania Uniform Trade Secrets Act. Specific allegations included breach of non-competition agreements and misappropriation of trade secrets. Injunction denied and clients awarded approximately $2 million in attorneys’ fees.
- Defended the president and other senior executives of a publicly traded company in a multimillion-dollar trade secret dispute of communication software.
- Defended a pipe restoration company from misappropriation claims valued at $40 million. We secured a complete defense verdict on all trade secret claims.
- Represented Provider Synergies, a health care services company, in its claims for misappropriation of trade secrets brought against a competitor.
- Represented Quaker Chemical Corporation in restrictive covenant and misappropriation of trade secrets cases in federal courts in Ohio and Pennsylvania.
- Defended claims of tortious interference and trade secret misappropriation where plaintiff sought more than $17 million in damages. On our motion, the court set aside the plaintiff’s verdict, and the case settled favorably at a fraction of the original jury verdict.
- Prosecuted several cases for theft of trade secrets and trade disputes for a national financial services and mortgage company.