Tyler advises financial institutions, institutional investors, and real estate owners in a wide variety of commercial financing transactions, including construction, permanent, mezzanine and conduit loans across all asset classes. Tyler also advises both lenders and borrowers in complex loan workouts, including foreclosures, appointment of receivers, guarantor actions and asset sales pursuant to UCC Article 9.
Tyler also advises owners, developers and investors in the acquisition, disposition, leasing and operation of all types of commercial properties in Minnesota and on a national basis.
- Represented lenders through all phases of commercial real estate financing transactions, including:
- $54.5 million construction loan for the development of a mixed-use office/retail project in Georgia.
- $61.5 million bridge loan for the refinancing of an office park in San Antonio, Texas.
- $41.5 million loan for the acquisition of a portfolio of hotels located in four northeastern states.
- $18.5 million multiphase construction loan for a multifamily housing project in Monona, Wisconsin.
- $33 million loan for the refinancing and redevelopment of a boutique hotel in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- $15 million construction loan for the development of an assisted living facility in Eagan, Minnesota.
- $13 million loan for the acquisition and build-out of an industrial property in Plymouth, Minnesota
- Represented the borrower in a $30 million accounts receivable line of credit financing involving more than 40 senior living facilities across six states, including facilities with existing FHA-insured mortgage financing.
- Represented a large national loan servicing company in the workout of multiple loans secured by various types of commercial real estate, including the workout of a $30 million loan secured by an office building in Bloomington, MN, that required foreclosing on the property and seeking the appointment of a receiver to manage the property during the foreclosure process.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Tyler was an associate at Oppenheimer Wolff & Donnelly LLP.
While in law school, Tyler served as director of the National Moot Court Competition Team.
Honors & Awards
- Selected to the Minnesota Super Lawyers "Rising Star" list (2016-2018)