Tyler concentrates his practice in mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, and general corporate and commercial counseling. He also represents small businesses and emerging growth companies and their investors in connection with entity formation and capitalization, organizational structuring, commercial matters, venture capital transactions, and private securities placements.
Tyler's experience includes counseling financial and strategic buyers in mergers, stock and asset acquisitions, buyouts, and recapitalizations; representing entity-level and individual sellers of businesses; and advising both small, family-owned and large-cap businesses on financing and borrowing, equity incentive, real estate, licensing, intellectual property, equity repurchase/redemption, and corporate governance issues.
Among the transactions on which Tyler has advised are:
Mergers and Acquisitions; Private Equity
- Represented cloud-based payroll and human capital management software solutions provider and its shareholders in $50 million majority recap investment from financial buyer
- Represented industry-leading fantasy sports analytics provider and its shareholders in equity-rollover and majority recap investment from venture capital conglomerate
- Represented foodservice dispensing solutions provider and its shareholders in $100 majority recap investment from middle market private equity firm
- Represented shareholders of leading North American manufacturer of fire trucks and other specialty vehicles in $50 million sale of the entirety of their capital stock to strategic acquirer
- Represented industrial distribution company and its affiliates in strategic acquisition of the entirety of capital stock of competing bearings and mechanical power transmission product provider
- Represented shareholders of independent aggregates quarry in $50 million sale of the entirety of their capital stock to strategic acquirer in reverse triangular merger
- Represented financial buyer in buyout acquisition of fleet driver safety and training company as platform acquisition
- Represented shareholder of veterinary hospital in sale of the entirety of shareholder’s capital stock to financial buyer
- Represented family shareholders of nursing and rehabilitation center in sale of the entirety of their capital stock to financial buyer
- Represented textile manufacturing corporation in sale of the corporation’s assets to financial buyer
- Represented pipeline construction holding corporation and its shareholders in $250 million sale of the entirety of the corporation’s stock to a strategic buyer
- Represented financial buyer in platform acquisition of the assets of pumping systems manufacturer serving commercial, institutional, industrial and municipal markets
- Represented shareholders of medical services corporation in sale of the entirety of their capital stock to regional health group
- Led a team of attorneys in the representation of a daily fantasy analytics company specializing in providing sports modeling tools to daily fantasy sports players in series seed, preferred equity financing
- Represented an established data encryption company specializing in encryption of mobile devices in the acquisition of later-stage equity financing
- Represented corporation specializing in the provision of grid protection and monitoring systems servicer to electric utilities and independent power producers in convertible debt financing
- Represented corporation specializing in organic insect repellants in convertible debt financing
Banking and Credit
- Represented a regional real estate holding partnership in the purchase of partnership interests of a real estate partnership holding portfolio of 30 commercial properties through the use of senior, subordinated and bridge loan financing
- Represented a publicly traded lending institution in the front-end construction and real estate finance loan to Florida-based real estate developers and hotel owners
- Represented regional banks in multiple $500,000 to $10 million acquisition and construction loans to regional real estate developers
- Represented multiple mixed-use real estate developers in private placements of partnership interests
- Represented growth-stage real-estate based mobile application provider in private placement of securities
- Represented multiple limited partnerships specializing in ownership of viatical settlements in private placements of partnership interests
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Tyler was an associate at a national law firm as well as a Pennsylvania-based law firm.
While in law school, Tyler was a legal intern for an investment banking firm and an East Coast law firm as well as a legal extern for Viacom Inc. and MTV Networks Business and Legal Affairs Department. Tyler also served as senior notes editor for the Cardozo Journal of International and Comparative Law.