Wayne focuses his practice in labor and employment matters with significant experience in assisting in-house counsel, human resources executives and company officials in identifying and solving workplace legal issues. His clients include employers in the health care, manufacturing, service, retail, technology and financial industries.
Wayne is experienced in developing strategies and tactics to help contain costs associated with employee-relations, personnel and labor issues. He advises clients on leave and disability matters at the federal and state level and on employment discrimination, diversity, sexual harassment, workplace safety, wage and hour compliance and reductions in the work force. He also conducts in-house training sessions on such topics as leave and disability, hiring practices, employee discipline, terminations, investigations, harassment prevention and supervisory skills and practices.
Wayne also defends employers in federal, state and administrative courts in claims involving discrimination, wrongful discharge, employee whistle-blower and wage and hour collective actions. Wayne has litigated matters before the Occupational Safety and Health Administration with respect to matters involving OSHA fall protection, noise and construction standards. In addition, Wayne handles disputes concerning restrictive covenants and trade secrets and assists clients with the creation of noncompetition, nonsolicitation and nondisclosure agreements.
Wayne's recent representative matters include:
- On behalf of a major shipping logistics company, provided strategic guidance in dealing with an OSHA fatality investigation and defended OSHA citations and proposed penalties — pre-litigation settlement reached.
- On behalf of construction general contractor, defended citations and proposed penalties issued by OSHA under its multi-employer worksite policy — settlement reached before trial.
- On behalf of a national food and beverage company, defended OSHA citations and proposed penalties involving alleged chemical hazards and manufacturing process violations — favorable settlement reached with OSHA prior to hearing.
- Assisted a large national distribution company and retailer in dealing with an OSHA fatality investigation — settlement reached avoiding litigation.
- Defended a large nationwide facility management company against claims alleging race and age discrimination — early settlement reached prior to engaging in extensive discovery.
- Defended a national sports and entertainment company in federal court against claims alleging gender harassment and age discrimination — settlement reached following motion for summary judgment.
- Secured a defense verdict in a jury trial on behalf of an international corporation sued by a former employee claiming she was discriminated against because of her gender
- Obtained judgment on behalf of a national corporation sued by two former employees claiming race discrimination and retaliation
- Achieved favorable settlement of wage and hour collective action on behalf of an international manufacturing company
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining the firm, Wayne was a partner with Fisher & Phillips, LLP; Saul Ewing LLP; and Harvey, Pennington, Cabot, Griffith & Renneisen. He was also an associate with Jasinski & Paranac, and Goldfein & Joseph.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Wayne speaks on such topics as the interplay between the ADA and FMLA, addressing workplace harassment, FLSA compliance and internal investigations.
Honors & Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell "AV" rated*
- Named a Distinguished Advocate by the Support Center for Child Advocates (2017)
- Recipient of the Exemplary Pro Bono Services Award from the First Judicial District of Pennsylvania (2009 and 2010)