Bill has extensive experience in employment-related litigation, primarily on behalf of employers. He represents:
- Health care institutions and practitioners in litigated matters, intra-hospital hearings and the courts;
- Health care professionals before hospital, physician and practitioner boards;
- Attorneys, real estate brokers and other professionals against claims of professional malpractice; and
- Banks and lending institutions
Bill also handles complex commercial litigation matters such as state and federal antitrust claims and insurance coverage and insurance policy interpretation claims. He tries cases in state and federal courts and before the New Jersey Division on Civil Rights and the Federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
Bill is certified by the New Jersey Supreme Court as a Civil Trial Lawyer. This certification is bestowed by the court upon a select group of attorneys who demonstrate those levels of experience, education, knowledge and skill in the specific area of litigation and trial practice and have been recognized by their peers and the judiciary as having such skills and reputation in the designated area of law, among other requirements.
Bill has been counsel in many reported decisions regarding employment law, insurance coverage and antitrust claims.
- Multiple successful summary judgment motions and jury verdicts in employment matters
- Summary judgment acquired in whistleblower cases involving two nurses claiming violations of New Jersey Department of Health Regulations
- Summary judgment granted in FMLA retaliation and interference claim
- Summary judgment granted in race discrimination claim brought by physician whose hospital privileges were revoked
- Multiple defense verdicts in race and national origin discrimination claims
- New Jersey and Federal Antitrust results
- Multiple grants of summary judgment in state and federal antitrust claims brought by physicians and/or employees discharged from hospital medical staff
- Nanavati v. Burdette Tomlin Memorial Hospital, 857 F. 2d 96 (3rd Cir. 1988)
- Insurance coverage defense
- Successfully defended numerous declaratory judgment actions on behalf of multiple insurance companies
- Avery v. Arthur E. Armitage Agency, 242 NJ Super 293 (App. Div. 1990)
- Medical Staff Fair Hearings
- Handled in excess of 60 fair hearings on behalf of Hospital Medical Staffs across New Jersey
Before Fox Rothschild
Bill was a law clerk for the Hon. Alexander C. Wood, J.S.C., in the Chancery Division, Superior Court, Burlington County. As an undergraduate, he studied at Oxford University and the London School of Economics.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Bill is a member of the Absecon Social and Athletic Club, umpiring baseball and refereeing basketball. He has been a board member of Literacy Volunteers of America for 15 years, volunteering time to assist adults gain functional literacy. He also serves as legal counsel to the Absecon Republican Club.
Honors & Awards
- Selected to the "Super Lawyers" list for Employment & Labor Law in New Jersey (2008, 2009, 2013-2020)*
- Selected to the "Super Lawyers - Business Edition" list for Employment & Labor Law in New Jersey (2009, 2010, 2013)*
- Selected to the "Super Lawyers - Corporate Counsel" list for Employment & Labor Law in New Jersey (2009, 2010)*