- represented a shopping center owner to obtain site plan approval, variances, and waivers/exceptions for the conversion and redevelopment of an existing office building in Lawrence Township, NJ, for reuse as new car automobile dealership.
- obtained preliminary and final site plan approval to construct a 780-square-foot lobby expansion to an existing 99,000 square foot research facility in Union Beach, NJ.
Jack Plackter and Bridget Sykes
- were successful in having the Superior Court of New Jersey Law Division affirm the Somers Point Planning Board’s grant of preliminary and final site plan approval with bulk variances to construct a 6,000 square foot waterfront restaurant, bar, banquet hall, and marina in the City’s Historic District over the challenge of several local property owners that the project was too large and would not provide sufficient parking in the busy commercial zone.
- obtained amended preliminary and amended final site plan approval, with variances, for an auto dealership from the Hamilton Township, NJ Planning Board.
- obtained a variance from the Lower Gwynedd Township Zoning Hearing Board to allow less than the required side yard setback in connection with an addition to a single family residential dwelling.
- obtained a variance from the Doylestown Borough Zoning Hearing Board to allow more than the permitted floor area ratio in connection with the construction of a new residential dwelling.
- obtained a special exception from the Hatfield Township Zoning Hearing Board to allow for an expansion of an automotive repair shop.
- obtained variances from the Greenfield Township (Lackawanna County, PA) Zoning Hearing Board related to maximum impervious surface and parking requirements to permit the construction of a retail store.
- obtained a variance from the Hilltown Township (Bucks County, PA) Zoning Hearing Board to permit more than the maximum woodlands disturbance in connection with the construction of a single family dwelling.
- obtained dimensional variances from the Whitpain Township (Montgomery County, PA) Zoning Hearing Board to allow the redevelopment of a site from a nonconforming use to permitted row homes.
- obtained variances from the Springfield Township (Montgomery County, PA) Zoning Hearing Board to allow certain wall signage and ground signage for a Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia medical office.
- obtained variances related to wall signage from the Lower Gwynedd Township Zoning Hearing Board for a national coffee company.
- obtained variances related to a residential accessory sports court from the Doylestown Township Zoning Hearing Board.
- received a zoning text amendment to allow the construction of a 300,000-square-foot mixed-use building in the West Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan.
- was successful in having the Supreme Court uphold a New York City Landmarks Preservation Commission determination to approve the developer’s proposal to develop two new buildings in the Gansevoort Market Historic District despite a challenge by a local community group and the Historic District Council that the buildings violate the character of the Historic District.