Eliana is a partner in Fox Rothschild’s Family Law Department and a fierce and compassionate advocate for her clients.
Innovative and results-oriented, she is a thought leader in New Jersey in the area of family law and the profession in general.
Eliana handles a broad range of trial court matters; has extensive appellate experience that includes complex brief writing, motions and emergent applications and has represented clients in a wide variety of sophisticated family law issues including, but not limited to:
- equitable distribution
- nuanced support
- domestic violence
- premarital agreements
- post-judgement matters and appeals
- division of complex marital estates
- family-owned business entities
- high-net-worth support calculations
Dedicated to making the law more accessible, she takes the time to listen to her clients, answer their questions and understand their goals.
Above all, Eliana is a staunch and understanding ally during what is often a difficult time in her clients’ lives. That’s why, even after their matters are concluded, many describe her as a member of their extended family.
- Barr v. Barr, 418 N.J. Super. 18 (App. Div. 2011): Appellate Division reported decision covering equitable distribution of a military pension, part of which accumulated through post-divorce efforts.
- Collection of approximately $400,000 in child support and alimony arrears, accumulated over 20 years, on behalf of a client whose former husband “forum-shopped” between New Jersey and California to secure more favorable support orders. The ruling was affirmed in the Appellate Division.
- Assisted in the successful adjudication of the validity of a New York prenuptial agreement.
- Secured a judgment that blocked the return of two children to Dubai, UAE. The mother fled the country to escape domestic abuse and the country’s patriarchal society. The case involved the retention of an expert versed in Middle Eastern law and societal mores who opined that the mother would be denied due process in any custody dispute in Dubai.
Before Fox Rothschild
Eliana began her career at Fox Rothschild as a summer associate. During law school, she served as a law clerk in the Seton Hall University School of Law Center for Social Justice representing clients in divorce, custody and domestic violence cases.
Prior to the practice of law, Eliana was an intern in the office of now-State Senator Loretta Weinberg. While attending Yeshiva University, she was the editor in chief of Insight, Journal of Social Sciences.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Eliana is deeply involved in the community. She has served on various advisory committees and charitable boards, including the Young Lawyers Advisory Board to the New Jersey Law Journal, the Advisory Board to the Association of Jewish Attorneys and the Board of Trustees of Parents Anonymous of New Jersey.
Eliana serves on the Editorial Board of New Jersey Family Lawyer as an associate editor and has published multiple articles on topics ranging from alimony to more timely issues such as best interests determinations involving transgender children and tri-parent child support situations. Eliana has presented at conferences such as the New Jersey Association of Justice Boardwalk Seminar and has provided continuing legal education for attorneys at the New Jersey State House on the topic of alimony reform.
Honors & Awards
- Named to the list of "New Leaders of the Bar" by the New Jersey Law Journal (2018)*
- Selected to the list of "Trailblazers" in Divorce Law by The National Law Journal (2016)*
- Selected to the "Super Lawyers - Rising Stars" list for Family Law in New Jersey (2014-2021)*
- Selected to the list "45 and Under" by Ten Leaders for Family Law (2018)
- Named to the list of "Top 10 Under 40" by the National Academy of Family Law Attorneys (2017)*
- Recognized for "Most Popular Mondaq Article" for the Topic of Family and Matrimonial Law (June 2014, July 2014, November 2014)