Eliana is a member of the firm’s Family Law department and focuses her practice on representing clients on issues relating to divorce, equitable distribution, cohabitation, paternity, nuanced support, custody, adoption, domestic violence, social media, premarital agreements, post-judgment matters and appeals.
- Barr v. Barr, 418 N.J. Super. 18 (App. Div. 2011): Appellate Division reported decision covering equitable distribution of a military pension, part of which accumulated through post-divorce efforts.
- Collection of approximately $400,000 in child support and alimony arrears, accumulated over 20 years, on behalf of a client whose former husband “forum-shopped” between New Jersey and California to secure more favorable support orders. The ruling was affirmed in the Appellate Division.
- Assisted in the successful adjudication of the validity of a New York prenuptial agreement.
- Secured a judgment that blocked the return of two children to Dubai, UAE. The mother fled the country to escape domestic abuse and the country’s patriarchal society. The case involved the retention of an expert versed in Middle Eastern law and societal mores who opined that the mother would be denied due process in any custody dispute in Dubai.
New Jersey Divorce App
For those simply contemplating separation or already in the midst of divorce proceedings in the Garden State, the useful tools included in Fox’s New Jersey Divorce App that Eliana helped to develop can answer questions, offer insight into aspects of the divorce process that may have been overlooked and provide users with resources they may not have known were available.
The app is currently available for free in the iTunes Store.
Before Fox Rothschild
Eliana began her career at Fox Rothschild as a summer associate. During law school, she served as a law clerk in the Seton Hall University School of Law Center for Social Justice representing clients in divorce, custody and domestic violence cases.
Prior to the practice of law, Eliana was an intern at the Offices of now-State Senator Loretta Weinberg. While attending Yeshiva University, she was the editor in chief of Insight, Journal of Social Sciences.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
In 2013 Eliana served as a mentor to pre-law students at Yeshiva University.
Honors & Awards
- Included in a list of “New Leaders of the Bar ” by the New Jersey Law Journal (2018)
- Named to "Trailblazers" in Divorce Law by The National Law Journal (2016)
- Noted as the author of the most popular Mondaq article for the topic of Family and Matrimonial Law (June 2014, July 2014, November 2014)
- Noted as the author of the second-most-popular Mondaq article for the topic of Family and Matrimonial Law (November 2014)
- Included in a list of "New Jersey Rising Stars" by New Jersey Monthly Magazine and Law & Politics Magazine (2014-2018)
- Named "Contributor with the 2nd Most Popular Article in the United States" by Mondaq (January 2014)