Eliana is a member of the firm’s Family Law department and focuses her practice on representing clients on issues relating to divorce, equitable distribution, cohabitation, paternity, nuanced support, custody, adoption, domestic violence, social media, premarital agreements, post-judgment matters and appeals.
- Barr v. Barr, 418 N.J. Super. 18 (App. Div. 2011): Appellate Division reported decision covering equitable distribution of a military pension, part of which accumulated through post-divorce efforts.
- Collection of approximately $400,000 in child support and alimony arrears, accumulated over 20 years, on behalf of a client whose former husband “forum-shopped” between New Jersey and California to secure more favorable support orders. The ruling was affirmed in the Appellate Division.
- Assisted in the successful adjudication of the validity of a New York prenuptial agreement.
- Secured a judgment that blocked the return of two children to Dubai, UAE. The mother fled the country to escape domestic abuse and the country’s patriarchal society. The case involved the retention of an expert versed in Middle Eastern law and societal mores who opined that the mother would be denied due process in any custody dispute in Dubai.
Before Fox Rothschild
Eliana began her career at Fox Rothschild as a summer associate. During law school, she served as a law clerk in the Seton Hall University School of Law Center for Social Justice representing clients in divorce, custody and domestic violence cases.
Prior to the practice of law, Eliana was an intern at the Offices of now-State Senator Loretta Weinberg. While attending Yeshiva University, she was the editor in chief of Insight, Journal of Social Sciences.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
In 2013 Eliana served as a mentor to pre-law students at Yeshiva University.
Honors & Awards
- Named to the list of "New Leaders of the Bar" by the New Jersey Law Journal (2018)*
- Selected to the list of "Trailblazers" in Divorce Law by The National Law Journal (2016)*
- Selected to the "Super Lawyers - Rising Stars" list for Family Law in New Jersey (2014-2019)*
- Selected to the list "45 and Under" by Ten Leaders for Family Law (2018)
- Named to the list of "Top 10 Under 40" by the National Academy of Family Law Attorneys (2017)*
- Recognized for "Most Popular Mondaq Article" for the Topic of Family and Matrimonial Law (June 2014, July 2014, November 2014)
- Recognized for "Second Most Popular Mondaq Article" for the Topic of Family and Matrimonial Law (November 2014)
- Recognized for "Second Most Popular Mondaq Article" in the United States (January 2014)