Jeff represents clients in a wide variety of corporate and commercial matters.
His practice includes:
- Mergers and acquisitions of public and private companies
- Private equity transactions
- Seed, angel and venture capital financings
- Securities reporting and disclosure
- Securities offerings and transactions
- Corporate governance
- Special Committee and Audit Committee representation
- Executive compensation
Jeff serves many clients as general counsel, combining the broad legal experience and practical business knowledge of an effective business advisor.
Jeff's leadership roles within the firm, include:
- Former Co-Chair of the Corporate Department
- Former Managing Partner, Bucks County office (2002-2005; 2015-2020)
- Executive Committee member (2002-2005; 2015-present)
- Steering Committee Member, Life Sciences Practice Group
- Former Chair, Tech & Venture Finance Practice Group
- Former Chair, Public Companies Practice Group
- Former Administrative Chair, Bucks County Corporate Department (2005-2014)
- Former Co-Chair, Corporate Associate Training Program Subcommittee (2005-2014)
Jeff’s reported decisions include:
- Optopics Laboratories Corp. v. Sherman Laboratories, Inc., a New Jersey Appellate Division case.
- Optopics Laboratories Corp. v. Savannah Bank of Nigeria, Ltd., brought in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York against a Nigerian bank that refused to honor a letter of credit on account of the imposition of government currency controls.
Before Fox Rothschild
Jeff practiced law for 5 years in New York City. In law school, he was Editor-in-Chief of the Northwestern Journal of International Law and Business. Previously, Jeff was a reporter in New York City for Advertising Age.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Jeff serves as Managing Director of Delaware Crossing Investor Group (www.delawarecrossing.org ), an angel investor network conceived of and managed with two Fox Rothschild colleagues.
Jeff was a member of the Board of Directors of Met-Pro Corporation, a New York Stock Exchange listed company, from 1998 to 2004. Jeff served on the Board of Directors of Delaware Valley Floral Group, Inc., Sewell, NJ, a family-owned wholesale floral distributor, from January 2007 through December 2008. Additionally, Jeff served on the Board of Directors for three years of a for-profit affiliate of Heritage Conservancy, a Bucks County, PA, based nonprofit that protects natural and historic resources.
Jeff is also an active member of the Greater Philadelphia Alliance for Capital and Technologies (PACT) and was appointed vice chair of the organization's 2013 Venture Summit, IMPACT.
Jeff is on the Board of Directors of the Bucks County Herald Foundation and serves on the Board and Executive Committee of the Heritage Conservancy, a regional conservation and preservation nonprofit.
Honors & Awards
- Recognized by Chambers USA for Corporate/M&A and Private Equity - Pennsylvania (2017-2021)*
- Recipient of the Pennsylvania Biotechnology Center Entrepreneur Champion Award (2015)
- Martindale-Hubbell "AV" rated*