For strategic representation in real estate acquisitions, financing and development, many clients rely on Michael to help them maximize their opportunities. He represents clients before New Jersey municipal, county and state permitting authorities to help them obtain required site plan, subdivision, variance and environmental approvals in connection with their residential, commercial and industrial developments, including mixed-use redevelopment projects.
Michael has extensive experience counseling telecommunications providers and tower companies in obtaining zoning approvals for the construction of wireless facilities.
Michael also guides purchasers, sellers, developers, designated redevelopers, landlords and tenants in the acquisition, sale, leasing and development of residential and commercial real estate.
- Represented the designated redeveloper of a project in connection with obtaining subdivision, site plan, and variance approval to construct 159 residential rental units, 72 residential ownership units, and 11,000 square feet of office and commercial space.
- Represented the designated redeveloper of a Project in the city of Long Branch, NJ, in connection with obtaining amended subdivision and site plan approval to construct 179 multifamily residential units, 104 townhouse units, a restaurant and a clubhouse.
- Represented a development company in connection with obtaining amended site plan approval to construct phase three of a development consisting of 90 residential condominium units situated on a pier in the Hudson River.
- Represented a well-known company in connection with obtaining use variance and site plan approval to construct more than 250 wireless telecommunication facilities throughout the state of New Jersey.
- Represented a chain pharmacy in connection with obtaining development approvals and/or sign variances for more than 30 pharmacy locations throughout the state of New Jersey.
- Represented a major corporation in connection with obtaining zoning approval to construct several convenience stores throughout northern New Jersey.
- Represented a health company in connection with obtaining the zoning approvals necessary to construct several additions and improvements to its research and development facility in Linden and Rahway, NJ.
- Represented an investment company in connection with obtaining subdivision approval to create 4 commercial building lots on 21 acres in Union Township, Hunterdon County, NJ.
- Represented a church before both the planning board and the zoning board of adjustment in connection with obtaining conditional use approval, use variance approval, and site plan approval to construct a classroom addition, expanded parking area, redesigned entryway, columbarium, and memorial garden in New Providence, NJ.
- Represented a major corporation in connection with the sale of a 35.5-acre former manufacturing facility in Tinton Falls, N.J.; this transaction also included the negotiation and implementation of postclosing access rights in order to permit the completion of ongoing environmental remediation at the site under the supervision of the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection.
- Represented a company in connection with the acquisition of its manufacturing, warehousing, and office facility in Lawrence Township, NJ. This transaction involved an appearance before the zoning board of adjustment to obtain a formal determination as to whether the proposed use of the subject property to design, manufacture and assemble solid-state thermoelectric products and control chips would constitute the expansion of a preexisting nonconforming use.
- Represented an organization in connection with the acquisition and sale of over 25 commercial properties throughout the United States.
- Represented a major bank in connection with financing the acquisition and construction of a car dealership in Parsippany, NJ.
- Represented a foundation in connection with the sale of vacant land for development in Denville, NJ.