David concentrates on eminent domain, real estate tax appeals and real estate valuation litigation. David has handled cases involving real estate and real estate valuation in state and federal courts and before a variety of forums across the country.
David's cases and clients have included:
- Obtained $23.5 million Philadelphia Board of View Award (PennDOT claim was $6.75 million).
- Obtained $16.5 million settlement for the condemnation of a loft/conversion building in Philadelphia (the condemner's initial offer was $10 million).
- Obtained $205 million for the seller of an office building in Las Vegas in litigation to determine the property's fair market value (the buyer's initial offer was $167 million).
- Obtained $32 million reduction of the assessed value of an office building located outside of Pittsburgh (from $49 million to $16.7 million).
- Obtained $1.7 million settlement for a national automotive parts and service company for the condemnation of its property in Houston (TXDOT initially offered nothing for the taking).
- Obtained $2.3 million jury verdict in Bucks County for property owner, which was the exact amount we submitted.
- Obtained $1.75 million jury verdict in Dauphin Country for property owner, which was the exact amount we submitted (Township claim was $8,000).
- Obtained $1.25 million jury verdict in York County for property owner, which was the exact amount we submitted (RDA claim was $65,000).
- Part of Fox team defeating partial taking of farm in Erie, PA.
- Established de facto/inverse condemnation of planned condominium project in Philadelphia after a two day hearing.
David's leadership roles within the firm include:
- Co-Chair of the Eminent Domain Practice Group
- Co-Chair of the Real Estate Valuation Practice Group
- Former At Large Member of the firm's Executive Committee (three terms)
- Former firmwide Litigation Department Administrator
Before Fox Rothschild
David was the Associate Managing Editor of the Temple Law Review. Prior to law school, David worked in politics and non-profit fundraising, including the successful re-election campaigns of former U.S. Sen. John Heinz and former U.S. Representative R. Lawrence Coughlin.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
David has lectured on real estate and eminent domain-related issues nationally, including at the University of Pennsylvania Law School and the Appraisal Institute. His comments have been published in national media outlets including:
- The Philadelphia Inquirer
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
- The National Law Journal
- Philadelphia Business Journal
- The Bond Buyer
- The New York Law Journal
- The Cincinnati Enquirer
- The Texas Lawyer
David has discussed condemnation topics on the nationally syndicated Mitch Albom Show as well as various Pennsylvania radio stations.
After co-authoring several annual supplements to the Pennsylvania treatise on condemnation law, Snitzer on Eminent Domain Law, David and his colleagues recently co-authored a complete revision to the treatise.
He has also written articles for several publications including those for the Appraisal Institute, the Mortgage Bankers Association, the National Association of Home Builders, the Pennsylvania League of Cities and Municipalities, and the Pennsylvania Planning Association.
Honors & Awards
- Named to "The Best Lawyers in America" list for Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law in Pennsylvania by Best Lawyers (2017-2020)*
- Selected to the "Local Litigation Star" list in Pennsylvania by Benchmark Litigation (2018-2020)*
- Selected to the "Super Lawyers" list for Eminent Domain in Pennsylvania (2009)*
- Selected to the "Super Lawyers - Corporate Counsel Edition" list for Eminent Domain in Pennsylvania (2010)*