David is a seasoned trial lawyer and effective negotiator who serves as Co-Chair of the firm’s Eminent Domain and Real Estate Valuation practice groups. He has a national practice that centers on eminent domain, real estate tax appeals and real estate valuation litigation.
Over the past three decades, David has secured a steady string of multimillion-dollar verdicts, awards and settlements in high-stakes and high-profile cases. David’s reputation as a litigator was recognized with his induction into the American College of Trial Lawyers, a highly selective, invitation-only membership that is particularly rare for those in David’s field.
In state and federal courts and before a variety of forums, David has:
- Obtained a $23.5 million Philadelphia Board of View award (PennDOT claim was $6.75 million).
- Secured a $16.5 million settlement for the condemnation of a loft/conversion building (the condemner's initial offer was $10 million).
- Negotiated a $205 million settlement for the seller of an office building in Las Vegas in litigation to determine the property's fair market value.
- Obtained a $32 million reduction of the assessed value of an office (from $49 million to $16.7 million).
- Negotiated a $1.7 million settlement for a national automotive parts and service company for the condemnation of its property in Houston (TXDOT initially offered nothing for the taking).
- Won a $2.3 million jury verdict in Bucks County for property owner, which was the exact amount we submitted.
- Won a $1.25 million jury verdict in York County for property owner, which was the exact amount we submitted (RDA claim was $65,000).
- Defeated the partial taking of a farm in Erie, PA.
- Established de facto/inverse condemnation of planned condominium project after a two-day hearing.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to law school, David worked in politics and nonprofit fundraising, including the successful re-election campaigns of former U.S. Sen. John Heinz and former U.S. Rep. R. Lawrence Coughlin. As a law student, David was the Associate Managing Editor of the Temple Law Review.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
David has lectured on real estate and eminent domain-related issues nationally, including at the University of Pennsylvania Law School and the Appraisal Institute. His comments have been published in national media outlets including: CNN/Money.com, The Philadelphia Inquirer, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, The National Law Journal, Philadelphia Business Journal, The Bond Buyer, The New York Law Journal, The Cincinnati Enquirer, The Texas Lawyer.
David has also discussed condemnation topics on the nationally syndicated Mitch Albom Show and various radio stations.
After co-authoring several annual supplements to the Pennsylvania treatise on condemnation law, Snitzer on Eminent Domain Law, David and his colleagues co-authored a complete revision to the treatise.
He has also written articles for several industry and government publications including those for the Appraisal Institute, the Mortgage Bankers Association, the National Association of Home Builders, the Pennsylvania Planning Association and the Pennsylvania League of Cities and Municipalities.
Honors & Awards
- Named to "The Best Lawyers in America" list for Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law in Pennsylvania by Best Lawyers (2017-2021)*
- Selected to the "Local Litigation Star" list in Pennsylvania by Benchmark Litigation (2018-2021)*
- Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers