Julia is a family law attorney with over 25 years of experience representing clients in all phases of family law resolution, litigation, arbitration and mediation.
Professionals in a broad of range of industries including pharmaceutical, legal, financial services, real estate, health care, technology, startups, hospitality and marketing, rely on Julia to represent their interests in highly sensitive family law matters. Her clients include entrepreneurs, physicians, lawyers, professional athletes, members of the judiciary, artists, parents of special needs children, grandparents and third parties in custody.
Julia approaches each representation with sensitivity and discretion, knowing her clients need a lawyer who is both a steadfast legal advocate and trusted personal ally, committed to helping them reach a resolution that protects their interests and addresses their needs at a difficult time.
She handles complex litigation that involves:
- business valuations
- executive compensation
- high-net-worth marital estates
- custody relocation
- high-conflict marital/parental disputes.
Julia negotiates and prepares all forms of family law contracts such as prenuptial agreements, marital/property settlement agreements, post-nuptial agreements and co-habitation agreements. She handles family law cases in the Philadelphia region and throughout Pennsylvania as well as nationally, including in New Jersey, New York, Florida and California.
- Representation of the executive vice president of a multinational pharmaceutical company, with substantial executive compensation benefits, in divorce, support and custody litigation.
- Representation of the CEO of a publicly traded company with complex marital assets, including stock option awards and transfers.
- Representation of a prominent NFL running back in child support and custody cases spanning three states.
- Litigation of custody cases focused on children with autism, ADHD, ODD, cystic fibrosis, epilepsy and other special needs.
- Representation of grandparents and third parties seeking standing and custody rights, including cases involving substance abuse and mental health issues.
- Negotiation and preparation of prenuptial agreements that protect family businesses and family wealth planning.
Julia is a recognized leader in family law and the greater legal community. She is the current President of the Pennsylvania Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, and immediate past Co-Chair of the Women in the Profession Committee of the Philadelphia Bar Association, among multiple leadership roles. Julia speaks frequently on range of family law topics, including witness examinations, technology in the courtroom, child support calculations, working with expert witnesses, smart phone and social media evidentiary issues, creative use of Qualified Domestic Relations Orders and multi-jurisdictional custody disputes.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Julia is a frequent author and has been published in:
- The Philadelphia Bar Reporter
- The Legal Intelligencer
- The Pennsylvania Family Lawyer
She has also served as an instructor on Family Law issues for:
- The Pennsylvania Bar Institute
- Stafford Publications
- Half Moon Production
- Gratz College
- The People’s Law School
- Philadelphia Legal View
Honors & Awards
- Included in the "Ten Leaders" list for Divorce Law in Pennsylvania by Ten Leaders
- Selected to the "Super Lawyers" list for Family Law in Pennsylvania (2013-2020)*
- Named to the "Women Leaders in the Law" list by ALM (2015)*
- Recipient of the "Pro Bono Roll of Honor" award from the First Judicial District of Pennsylvania, recognizing her pro bono work as exemplary (2007 through 2011)
- Recipient of the White Hat Award from the Legal Clinic for the Disabled (LCD) for her outstanding volunteer work (2009)
- Named to the "Lawyers on the Fast Track" list by The Legal Intelligencer (2008)*
- Selected to the "Super Lawyers - Rising Stars" list for Family Law in Pennsylvania (2006-2008)*