Kip represents clients in a range of litigation matters, including disputes involving intellectual property, product liability, employment discrimination, breach of contract and subrogation actions.
Kip also has an active appellate practice in both state and federal appellate courts. He has argued before the Supreme Court of North Carolina and the North Carolina Court of Appeals.
Kip holds a certification as an appellate specialist from the North Carolina State Bar Board of Legal Specialization.
- Ballard v. Shelley, -- N.C. App. --, -- S.E.2d --, 2018 WL 708761 (2018)
- McDowell v. Randolph Cty., -- N.C. App. --, 808 S.E.2d 513 (2017)
- Rigby v. Philip Morris USA Inc., -- F. App’x --, 2017 WL 4772428 (11th Cir. 2017)
- King v. CMH Homes, Inc., No. 5:16-CV-693-D, 2017 WL 3037479 (E.D.N.C. June 21, 2017), adopted by 2017 WL 3034269 (E.D.N.C. July 17, 2017)
- In re L.H., No. COA16-1294, 2017 WL 2950880 (N.C. Ct. App. July 5, 2017)
- Ernst v. N. Am. Co. for Life & Health Ins., 245 F. Supp. 3d 680 (M.D.N.C. 2017)
- Jackson v. Minn. Life Ins. Co., 275 F. Supp. 3d 712 (E.D.N.C. 2017)
- Bizzarro v. Cty. of Ashe, No. COA16-211, 2017 WL 490474 (N.C. Ct. App. Feb. 7, 2017)
- Eli Global, LLC v. Heavner, -- N.C. App. --, -- S.E.2d -- (2016)
- Davidson Cty. Broad. Co. v. Iredell Cty., -- N.C. App. --, 790 S.E.2d 663 (2016)
- Ribelin v. Creel, 368 N.C. 793, 783 S.E.2d 733 (2016)
- In re J.E.J., No. COA15-616, 2015 WL 7729712 (N.C. Ct. App. Dec. 1, 2015)
- Tay v. U.S. Dep’t of Educ., No. 1:14CV468, 2015 WL 862392 (M.D.N.C. Feb. 27, 2015)
- Nguyen v. Am. United Life Ins. Co., No. 1:14CV687, 2015 WL 540565 (M.D.N.C. Feb. 10, 2015)
- In re J.R., No. COA13-1019, 2014 WL 1797508 (N.C. Ct. App. May 6, 2014)
- In re S.S., No. COA13-420, 2013 WL 4460112 (N.C. Ct. App. Aug. 20, 2013)
- Livesay v. Carolina First Bank, No. COA12-1177, 2013 WL 3049113 (N.C. Ct. App. June 18, 2013)
- Lawyers Paralegal Training Programs, LLC v. Guilford Coll., No. COA12-805, 2013 WL 432646 (N.C. Ct. App. Feb. 5, 2013)
Kip is a contributing author on this blog, which provides news, information and tips for practicing law in North Carolina’s State and Federal Appellate Courts. Visit the blog.
Kip also contributes to this blog, which provides analyses of North Carolina Business Court decisions. The goal of this blog is to arm businesses with the information they need to adjust their legal strategies as the case law evolves. Visit the blog
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Kip regularly represents criminal defendants on appeal by appointment under the Criminal Justice Act and is also active in the state’s appellate guardian ad litem program, serving as appellate counsel on behalf of abused and neglected children.
Kip is a member of the North Carolina Bar Association’s Appellate Rules Committee and is the current CLE Committee Chair for the Appellate Practice Section. In 2018 he was inducted into the Herb Falk Society, which honors members of the Greensboro Bar Association for pro bono service.
Outside of work, Kip enjoys singing with the Bel Canto Company and composing music in his spare time. He is also a current member of the Leadership Greensboro Class of 2018 and serves as a preceptor for Elon Law School.
Before Fox Rothschild
Kip was a senior associate at Smith Moore Leatherwood LLP, which combined with Fox Rothschild in 2018.
While in law school, Kip was articles editor for Law and Contemporary Problems, earned the highest GPA in his graduating class, received Order of the Coif, was a member of the Moot Court Board, won the Dean's Cup Moot Court competition and was a regional finalist in the American Bar Association National Appellate Advocacy Competition.
Honors & Awards
- Included in a list of North Carolina Super Lawyers, Rising Stars Edition, for Appellate Law (2017-2019)