Kristen centers her practice on complex litigation, with an emphasis on class action, antitrust and mass torts. She also has substantial experience advising clients on complying with U.S. and international regulations, consumer protection issues, data privacy matters and technology management.
An experienced litigator, Kristen has represented clients as plaintiffs and defendants before federal and state courts and before the Federal Trade Commission. Her clients span a number of industries, including health care, payment card, construction and residential mortgage appraisal.
- Served on trial team in the Eastern District of Louisiana successful in proving hundreds of millions of dollars in damage to a class of homeowners throughout the United States.
- Represented producers of honey in class action against honey packers resulting in multimillion-dollar class action settlement.
- Represented class of victims of apartheid in South Africa in proceedings in the Southern District of New York, and drafted appeals before the Second Circuit Court of Appeals, and petition for certiorari before the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Represented state professional board in antitrust action before the Federal Trade Commission, which raised novel issues under the state action doctrine.
- Represented national and international retailers in antitrust class action against credit card companies.
- Represented government contractor in multi-million dollar action in the Eastern District of Virginia alleging violations of the Lanham Act.
- Drafted amicus briefs on behalf of industry association filed before the Supreme Court and other federal circuit courts regarding issues of, inter alia, interpretation of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act and Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Kristen was a member of the business litigation group of a national law firm.
In law school, Kristen served on The George Washington International Law Review and was a research assistant to Professors Jerome Barron and Sonia Suter. She was also a member of the Mock Trial Board and the Moot Court Board. Kristen received the Judge Albert H. Grenadier Award for Excellence in Oral Advocacy and was a finalist in the International Law Moot Court Competition
While in college, Kristen served as news editor of The Declaration! newsmagazine. She was also an Echols Scholar and received the Faculty Award for Leadership in the Pursuit of Social Justice.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Kristen teaches courses in legal and ethical issues in cybersecurity and information assurance as an adjunct professor at the University of Virginia School of Continuing and Professional Studies and at Capitol Technology University in Washington DC.
Kristen also serves as the Treasurer of the Board of Directors for Wildlife SOS, a non-for-profit organization committed to protecting wildlife in India.
From 2011-2014, Kristen served as administrator of the Mid-Atlantic Regional Philip C. Jessup Moot Court Competition.
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers "Rising Star," Washington DC (2015-2019) and Virginia (2019)