Michael's practice involves a broad range of matters, many of which are tax related.
He has experience in:
- estate and gift tax planning
- estate and trust administration
- resolution of tax controversies
- federal income tax planning for corporations and their shareholders, partnerships and limited liability companies, and individuals
Michael also counsels businesses and business owners on commercial matters such as:
- business succession planning
- mergers and acquisitions
- real estate acquisitions and dispositions
- sale, leasing, and other financing transactions
Michael is the former Managing Partner of the firm's Blue Bell office as well as a former member of the firm's Executive Committee.
Before Fox Rothschild
Michael was an associate in the financial services department of a major Philadelphia law firm, where he represented lenders and borrowers in complex financial transactions, including asset based loans, the financing of leveraged buyouts, and equipment lease transactions.
In law school at Villanova University, Michael served as an Editor for the Villanova Law Review and was elected to the Order of the Coif. Prior to law school, he worked as a certified public accountant in the audit department in the Philadelphia office of Price Waterhouse.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Michael speaks frequently to professional, civic, and community groups on various topics related to his practice. He is the past chair of the Probate and Tax Section of the Montgomery Bar Association. He is active in his community as a former baseball and basketball coach and is past President of the CYO at St. Helena Parish in Blue Bell, PA.
Honors & Awards
- Selected to the "Five Star Wealth Managers" list for Estate Planning in Philadelphia by Philadelphia Magazine (2011, 2012)*