Karen advises clients on a variety of compliance issues, identifying practical and creative solutions to complex challenges. Her experience includes:
- counseling clients on transactions
- advising clients on environmental site remediation under a variety of federal and state programs
- counseling clients on emerging environmental, health and safety issues
- negotiating complex government consent decrees
- assisting clients in evaluating and communicating about environmental risks
- defending environmental and health and safety enforcement actions
Karen also advises clients on issues related to development and implementation of company-wide compliance programs, and supply chain and social responsibility programs. She has extensive experience conducting due diligence in a wide range of compliance areas including anti-corruption, environmental, international trade, privacy and supply chain. Karen is well-versed in negotiating terms and conditions in deal documents to mitigate compliance risks and developing and implementing integration plans.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Karen served as in-house counsel for a major chemical company with manufacturing locations throughout the U.S. and a subsidiary of an international energy company, providing advice on complex compliance issues and management of environmental liabilities. While at the chemical company, she was responsible for the development and implementation of the company’s compliance program and code of conduct training. Karen also previously successfully managed mass environmental tort litigation, obtained significant insurance recoveries for environmental tort and remediation matters and successfully defended federal, state and local enforcement actions in a wide range of areas, including air, water, waste, natural resource damage and OSHA.