Patrick is a former co-chair of the firm's White-Collar Criminal Defense & Regulatory Compliance Practice. A Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, he has more than 30 years of experience representing businesses, executives, professionals and other individuals in federal white-collar criminal defense matters and parallel civil actions. Patrick served as Independent Counsel to the Ethics Committee of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives. He has successfully represented numerous defendants in investigations and jury trials.
His areas of concentration include:
- Banking and FDIC Enforcement
- Foreign Corrupt Practice Act (FCPA)
- Regulation and Enforcement of International Trade
- Health Care
- Tax and Accounting Oversight
- Public Corruption
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Patrick is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers. He is an Adjunct Professor of Integrated Trial Advocacy at Temple University Beasley School of Law as well as an Adjunct Professor at the University of Pennsylvania Law School and a faculty member for the National Institute of Trial Advocacy-Mid-Atlantic Regional Trial Program and the National Institute of Trial Advocacy-Advanced Deposition Skills.
Patrick has commented on criminal cases on national television and is frequently quoted in publications such as Compliance Week, The Wall Street Journal, National Law Journal and Healthcare Risk Management.
Patrick is a founding board member of the Pennsylvania Innocence Project, former Chair of the Criminal Law Committee of the Federal Bar Association for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and a member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers where he serves on the advisory board for The Champion Magazine.
Fox Rothschild e-Books:
Business in a Global Society: A Guide to Understanding the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
Download Full e-Book (pdf file)
Honors & Awards
- Named to the list of "Law360 MVPs" for work in the white-collar industry (2018)*
- Selected to the "Best of the Bar: Philadelphia's Top Lawyers" list by Philadelphia Business Journal (2018)*
- Martindale-Hubbell “AV” rated*
- Selected to the "Super Lawyers" list for Criminal Defense: White Collar in Pennsylvania (2007-2020)*
- Named to "The Best Lawyers in America" list for Criminal Defense: White Collar in Pennsylvania by Best Lawyers (2016-2021)*
- Selected to the "Lawyer of the Year" list for Criminal Defense: White Collar (2018)*