Alexander is an experienced labor and employment attorney who has worked with clients in a wide array of industries including healthcare, higher education, financial services and hospitality. He represents national and international clients in all aspects of labor and employment law, including wage-and-hour, discrimination and sexual harassment litigation.
He works closely with clients to conduct due diligence on labor and employment issues in corporate acquisitions and advises clients on compliance with local, state and federal laws regarding hiring and termination, discipline, discrimination, retaliation and wages. Alexander has significant experience drafting labor and employment handbooks and policies and procedures as well as drafting and negotiating employment, separation, confidentiality and non-competition agreements.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining the team at Fox, Alexander was an associate at a boutique labor and employment law firm in New York. He also served as Chief Counsel, Labor and Employee Relations at New York-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital. Upon graduating from law school, Alexander worked as a labor and employment and litigation associate in the New York office of an international law firm. Alexander also has sports writing experience, contributing to the 2005 and 2006 editions of Pro Football Prospectus.
- Represented a restaurant group in defense of claims of unpaid overtime, failure to provide proper wage notices, and failure to provide proper wage statements.
- Represented a catering hall in defense of a lawsuit alleging national origin discrimination and unpaid overtime.
- Represented a national mortgage company in defense of collective action under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Represented a regional healthcare system in various matters including in litigation alleging gender, pregnancy, and disability discrimination, in litigation seeking vacatur of an arbitration award, of and in defending against allegations of retaliatory discharge before the National Labor Relations Board.
- Represented a national professional service firm in defense of lawsuits alleging religious discrimination and breach of employment and commission agreements.
- Represented various clients before the New York State Department of Labor in actions alleging improper classification of individuals as independent contractors.
- Represented an international bank in sexual harassment and age discrimination law suits and in a successful motion to vacate an arbitration award.
- Represented employers in actions brought against former employees who violated their contractual and/or fiduciary duties, including:
- an international consumer product distributor in an action against former executives for alleged misappropriation of company assets
- an international travel company in an action seeking to enforce restrictive covenants against former employees.
- Represented an institution of higher education in a Title IX lawsuit brought by a former student expelled for sexual misconduct and in an action alleging discrimination and retaliation brought by a professor.
- Represented an international oil company in multi-district environmental products liability action.
Honors & Awards
- Named among the “Super Lawyers Rising Stars NYC Metro Area” by Thomson Reuters (2018)