Daniel represents large and small businesses in a wide array of labor and employment matters. A proficient litigator, Daniel has experience defending Private Attorneys General Act (PAGA), class action, wage & hour, whistleblower, discrimination and harassment cases, as well as contract and breach of warranty matters. His practice also includes representing companies in administrative hearings, including before the California Division of Labor Standards Enforcement.
Daniel also conducts training on sexual harassment prevention and wage and hour compliance, assists with internal investigations, and counsels businesses in numerous aspects of California employment law, including:
- Wage and hour laws, such as meal and rest breaks, unpaid wages, overtime, piece rate, accurate wage statements and sick pay;
- Accommodating employee disabilities and engaging in the interactive process;
- Leaves of absence, including under the California Family Rights Act, Family and Medical Leave Act, and Pregnancy Disability Leave and related protections under the Americans with Disabilities Act;
- Commission agreements and employee handbooks; and
- Independent contractor agreements.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Daniel was an associate in the Los Angeles office of a leading international law firm. He served as an extern to U.S. District Judge Beverly Reid O'Connell and to U.S. Magistrate Judge Carla Woehrle, both of the Central District of California. Daniel was also an extern for Judge Benny Osorio and the Judge Graciela Freixes of the Los Angeles County Superior Court. In addition, he worked as a volunteer law clerk for a Los Angeles public interest law firm. During law school, Daniel was involved with the Loyola of Los Angeles Entertainment Law Review.
Before law school, Daniel spent a decade working in restaurants, including more than four years as a manager at several multimillion-dollar units of a regional, Southern California favorite. This experience included overall restaurant management, with responsibilities including staff hiring, orientation, scheduling, training, discipline and acting as the liaison with human resources to implement new policies, regulations and safety guidelines.