Ellie represents corporations in complex litigation — commercial, health care and products liability — from pre-suit advice and counseling through trial and appeal.
She also defends employers in a range of labor and employment law matters, including employment discrimination claims, wage and hour compliance, family and medical leave requests and restrictive covenant agreements, and drafts employment handbook policies. In addition, she has assisted in the successful representation of clients before state and federal courts and administrative forums.
- Secured a dismissal of a federal securities class action challenging the $1.4 billion acquisition of Silver Bay Realty Trust Corporation, a publicly-traded REIT, by Tricon Capital Group.
- Successfully defended an employer against discrimination and retaliation charges at the early stages of administrative agency proceedings, avoiding the risk of a costly litigation.
- Successfully obtained summary judgment for a nonprofit director on the basis of statutory immunity, leading to a complete resolution of all claims against the organization and its director.
- Represented a health care insurer against Medicare and Medigap claims brought by a provider and through a strategic answer and motion to dismiss, successfully reduced the amount in controversy to less than a third of the original amount sought, leading to an early resolution of all claims.
- Defended a corporation in a multimillion-dollar litigation stemming from various employment-related claims, including aiding and abetting breach of restrictive covenant agreement and misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Assist corporations in drafting human resource policies, procedures and training materials and documents regarding a wide range of issues, including accommodation and leave obligations, drug and alcohol testing policies and WESA compliance.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Ellie was an associate at Oppenheimer Wolff & Donnelly LLP. During law school, Ellie served as assistant editor of the William Mitchell Law Review and as a member of the National Moot Court Competition.
Honors & Awards
- Noted as a “North Star Lawyer” for pro bono work by the Minnesota State Bar Association (2013, 2014)