Nancy focuses her practice on labor and employment law counseling and litigation with an emphasis on problem prevention.
Nancy defends all types of businesses against employee claims and lawsuits involving discrimination, harassment, retaliation and wage-and-hour violations. She defends both single plaintiff and class or collective action matters. Her clients include prominent southern California hotels, restaurants, retailers, as well as manufacturing, technology and all types of service providing companies.
With the goal of helping clients prevent employment issues, she provides pre-litigation counseling and advice to clients nationwide on employment-related issues including harassment, discrimination, ADA/disability compliance (including leaves of absences, reasonable accommodations, and the interactive process), wage-and-hour issues (including exempt classification analysis, overtime/meal break compliance, and pay audits), reduction-in-force planning and WARN Act compliance. She also conducts training presentations on sexual harassment prevention, employee relations, management training (and how to keep managers out of trouble), new legal developments and other timely employment issues. Additionally, Nancy drafts and reviews client policies, agreements and handbooks to ensure legal compliance, and conducts preventive audits and investigations into alleged workplace misconduct and pay practices.
Nancy also proudly serves as Co-Chair for the firm’s Women’s Initiative.
California Employment Law Blog
Nancy discusses a wide variety of legal challenges faced by California employers, including class actions, wage and hour, discrimination, harassment and privacy issues, on the firm's California Employment Law blog.
Nancy has developed video training modules that explain key requirements of California and Federal on topics such as what supervisors need to know and wage and hour laws.
Watch previews of the videos and learn more about how to obtain them for your company on Nancy's Video Training page.
Honors & Awards
- Named a California Trailblazer by The Recorder (2019)
- Named among the Los Angeles Business Journal's "Most Influential Women Lawyers" (2019)
- Named to the list of "Super Lawyers" for Employment & Labor in Southern California (2019,2020)
- Named in Southern California Women's Edition Super Lawyers (2020)
- Los Angeles Business Journal's Women Making a Difference Award Nominee (2014, 2015)
- L.A. Biz Women of Influence Award winner (2014)
- Named “Contributor with the Most Popular Article in the United States” by Mondaq (January 2014) and "Contributor with the Second Most Popular Article in the United States" by Mondaq (February 2014) for her article, "Want To Get Sued? Fire Someone and Say "You Aren't the Right Fit "
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining the firm, Nancy was a partner in the Los Angeles office of Folger Levin & Kahn LLP. Before attending law school, she worked in the entertainment and hospitality industries.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Nancy is a dynamic and entertaining speaker who enjoys conducting management and employee training. She is also a frequent presenter on HR and employment law issues to various HR organizations including the Los Angeles Hotels Human Resources Association (LAHHRA).