Robert counsels clients, including Fortune 500 companies, family-owned businesses and business executives, on a variety of legal issues, including:
- Commercial litigation
- Construction disputes/matters
- Subrogation and insurance defense
- Contractual disputes
- Real estate transactions
- Water law
- Noncompetition agreements
Robert represents clients in federal and state courts across Texas as well as in arbitration. He is also a strategic ally to businesses, offering insights and guidance on operational issues and risk mitigation.
- Represent wide range of commercial construction project contractors in litigation, as well as business owners, developers and individuals in litigation against general contractors and subcontractors relating to various construction issues/defects.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a national country club operator against allegations that the golf course failed to construct and properly maintain its irrigation drains resulting in flooding to downstream property.
- Represented various businesses against allegations that during the construction of their office buildings, the owners failed to address drainage issues resulting in damages to downstream property.
- Represented telecommunications companies in lawsuits to recover damages to underground facilities.
- Represented a national manufacturer of corporate uniforms enforcing its uniform agreements.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Robert was a shareholder at David & Goodman, P.C. Robert also previously served as a judicial clerk for U.S. Magistrate Judge Harry W. McKee in Tyler, TX.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Robert currently serves on the City of Irving's Zoning Board of Adjustments (2018-2020).
Robert is a contributing editor to the Associated General Contractors of America's Construction State Law Matrix, providing Texas-related insights to this comprehensive resource that aggregates information on state laws affecting public or private construction projects.
Honors & Awards
- Named a “Super Lawyer - Rising Star” by Thomson Reuters (2007, 2008)